5 Things You Didn't Know About This SLP Linky
Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I have previously posted. I'm struggling with keeping everything updated, so the blog has spent some time on the back burner. I'm excited to link up with The Speech Space to share 5 things you might not know about me.
1. I am a lefty. I write, color, and hold a fork left-handed, but I do everything else with my right hand. I am also a bit ambidextrous in that if my left hand gets tired, I am typically able to compensate and use my right hand (with the exception of writing).
2. Christmas is my favorite holiday, and unlike many people in Michigan, I LOVE the snow. Fall and winter are my favorite seasons. I'm glad I live in a state where I can experience leaves changing and snow falling.
3. I will never smoke cigarettes. My dad suffered from throat cancer, had a laryngectomy, and ultimately passed from brain cancer when I was 13. The sound of a male speaking through a stoma sends shivers down my spine and reminds me of my dad. I don't think I'll ever be able to be a hospital SLP because of this.
4. I am a huge HGTV fan. I love watching Love It or List It, House Hunters, and Property Brothers. I also love watching cooking shows like Cutthroat Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares. I am a huge fan of Gordon Ramsay.
5. My husband and I love watching Wheel of Fortune. We watch it every night, and we have it scheduled to record just in case we are unable to watch it one evening. We can get a bit competitive, and we like to see who can solve the most puzzles. He usually wins, but it's all in good fun!
So there you have it! There are five things you probably didn't know about me. I appreciate you stopping by to learn more about me!